Tuesday 27 August 2013

MY MEANING OF DIABETES AND MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE.


Since our last meeting with Omolade our relationship has improved drastically, with her mom attestating to the tremendous changes and her improved attitude to health.

So we asked her to reflect on how it has been to date (Her Journey so far) and she dropped us this letter.

 Omolade with the NGDOC Team



MY MEANING OF DIABETES AND MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE

Diabetes to me is a disease that does not enable my body to provide insulin and does not enable my body to store glucose to glucogen
Or
A non-communicable disease that can only be transferred through traits or heredity.

MY BRIEF EXPERIENCE OF THE DIABETES DISEASE

On the 13th of august 2012 I realised I am diabetic but because it was new to me and due to my worries all the time i am always saying that there is someone behind my condition and I am always putting myself into crisis, scared, thinking, crying and always running away from people.

When I met My Clinicians and the NGDOC Team this year, they explained a lot to me that many people around the both whites and blacks have diabetes and are living well so I need not to put myself into more crisis. They said by taking my insulin regularly I will be preventing a lot of problems for myself and my family.

I now have become shy and so happy when I saw people from all over the world on the system, in the books and mobile phone. I realise I need to cope with my diabetes and leave the rest to God Almighty to take control of all.

I have hence begun to rejoice with all the choices of mine, thanks to my doctors and the NGDOC team.


 Onafowokan Omolade

You can read our previous post on omolade here

If you know any Type 1CWD please contact us

We wish to thank the Paediatric Endocrinology Department of the Olabisi Onabanjo University Teaching Hospital under the supervision of Dr Mrs Fetuga (Consultant Paediatric Endocrinologist) for connecting us with Omolade.


No comments:

Post a Comment